Errors and Warnings in Search Paths

Jan 16, 2015 at 12:39 AM
I have a project that includes several externally produced modules in the project search paths. This code has a large number or errors and warnings in it. Is there a way to exclude these from the errors and warnings analysis since they clutter the project and I'm unable to correct them?
Jan 17, 2015 at 2:36 PM
The best way is to get those libraries into your site-packages folder so we can analyze them separately.

We do have an open issue to significantly improve how we handle search paths, which I'm keen to do, but scheduling and prioritisation have been working against me so far.
Jan 20, 2015 at 5:19 PM
Yeah, unfortunately they have to live in a specific location that is external to the project and they can't be moved.
Jan 20, 2015 at 9:31 PM
I don't have any good suggestions then, sorry. You could make a copy into a site-packages folder and then run your code with a search path so it selects the real ones at runtime, but I suspect that you'll still see the error messages.

Hopefully we'll be able to get a new PTVS release out that improves this situation, though I can't see that being any time soon, unfortunately.