Completion DB issues

Nov 14, 2014 at 4:57 PM
Edited Nov 14, 2014 at 5:11 PM
I have a virtual env created by the PyPi virtualenv package for CPython 3.4.2 x64. I have pointed my copy of Visual Studio 2013 Community Edition to use this, however when creating a Python project with this venv, builtin imports such as os underline and the completion db says its corrupt after every rebuild?

Looking in the AnalysisLog.txt, the build process throws a System.OutOfMemoryException.

Any ideas how to resolve this?
Dec 1, 2014 at 3:58 PM
(Sorry I missed your message earlier :( )

Can you post the contents of Tools - Python Tools - Diagnostic Info somewhere or email it to This will include the log information and some other error details that can help us diagnose what's going on here. If you have your project open when you generate this log, it will include some of the settings from that project that may also help us figure it out.

Normally I'd suggest that you've installed a package that we aren't analyzing properly, but it sounds like you haven't installed anything yet? You may also be trying to use a different workflow than what we designed for - we've assumed that most people will create new virtual environments for each project and won't try and share them. If you try and share them, it's possible to do it in ways that will cause this problem (such as by using Search Paths rather than Add Existing Virtual Environment or adding a custom environment). If you've done something like this, then it's a fairly easy fix - we have suggestions about making it harder to break things in this way, but we haven't managed to get to them for PTVS 2.1 yet.