Task list

May 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Hello, a probably silly question: Is there a way to activate the task list for ironpython in vs2012? I thought it should be rather straight instead of // TODO or ' TODO using # TODO.
May 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM
We have a feature open at https://pytools.codeplex.com/workitem/244 for this already.

It's probably 5-10 votes away from being on our radar for our next+1 release (some time in 2014) - we've already scoped our next release (later this year) and it didn't make it in.
Nov 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I gladly +1 this. It would be great to have this feature! Just today I was making line number task shortcuts and realized that if I edit anything above those bookmarked lines the alignment is all off. Tracking within the code itself would be ideal.
Nov 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Yes please. Voted on the workitem. When can we expect it?
Nov 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Edited Nov 6, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Once again, I'm afraid this hasn't made the bar for our next release. We're only a small team and we need to prioritise pretty harshly.

The quickest way to get this in would be to contribute it. I know that's a big ask, but we're happy to help out. (Getting started instructions) This could also be written as a completely separate extension ("creates task items from files with content type X based on regex Y"), since people are sure to find it useful outside of PTVS as well.