Enabling line numbers in editor disturbs indentation

Mar 7, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Hello,

When I enabled line numbers in all editors by following this link, indentation in python disturbed.

Whenever I write a new function, earlier editor used to properly indent the tab with the function definition name but when I enabled line numbers, indentation stopped working.

When I write declaration, def fun():, and hit enter, cursor starts from the 0th position rather than function name's indent. I was able to reproduce this issue on another computer too.

I removed python tools and reinstalled and indentation started working fine again.
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM
I don't suppose you tried just restarting VS before reinstalling Python Tools? We have seen this issue before and generally restarting VS resolved it. Certainly line numbers are not the issue, since I always have them turned on.

That said, changing the setting may be the cause of the issue, and it's something we haven't investigated before. You may have given us the hint we need to fix it, so we'll take a look. Thanks.
Mar 14, 2013 at 7:52 AM
I think you are right. Changing the setting might be the trigger because I restarted VS after enabling line numbers, indentation works fine now.
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2013 at 7:03 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.