Release RSS Feed Repeats itself

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Hi!

I have now been informed about the October 31 release of Python Tools 1.5 30 times. Is there some hidden purpose to this or just an error somewhere?

Johan

Coordinator
Dec 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Just making sure you heard :)

There have been some updates to parts of that release, which seem to have triggered multiple new RSS items. I'm not sure if all 30 are the result of this, but it may be that there is no way to avoid them - we don't control the RSS feed, it is provided automatically by CodePlex.

I don't expect we'll be updating any of the files in the near future, but I'll let the team know to be aware that little changes are being noticed. Unfortunately, we don't really have a better notification mechanism.

Dec 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I actually jumped on it the first time, so no need :) 

I don't mind the frequent updates or notifications, except the text is always the same. If it instead said "Fixed mislabeled menu entry" or something I'd know what to do and what to expect. Anyway, this is clearly a minor quibble that in no way takes away from my immense relief that there is finally a worthwhile python environment. I'm just continually amazed at how well it works and how convenient it is.