Need help with pyKinect

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM

I am running into a problem pyKinect: it simple does not show up under Tools -> Python Tools -> Samples. I have gone through all steps as described under installation. I was however able to use Pyvot after following the similar set of steps, which tells me I am probably not missing anything important. Could this be because my Kinect SDK is the most recent one which was released in Feb, 2012 and not the previous beta release?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Sambit.

Coordinator
Mar 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Do you have a 32-bit Python 2.7 installed?  So far we've only tested again 2.7 so we only support installing into 2.7 as well.  The most recent PyKinect uses the 1.0 final release so that shouldn't be the issue.  One thing to check might be Help->About and see if that lists the PyKinect plug-in.  If that's there and the issue isn't the Python version being unavailable we can dig in further.

Mar 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM

You are right, changing to Python 2.7 worked. I was previously using version 2.6. I am able to run all the examples except the AudioDemo. I am getting AttributeError: type object 'RuntimeOptions' has no attribute 'UsesAudio'. Why am I getting this?

Thank you for your reply!

Sambit.

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2012 at 6:03 PM

That value was missing in the initial version but I think is checked into the current source tree.  We'll have a small refresh of the Kinect support coming with our 1.1.1 release which includes that, maybe some other small tweaks, as well as updating the license to the final Kinect SDK license.