assembly version problem using scipy/numpy for IronPython .Net

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:19 AM

I tried NumPy and SciPy for IronPython / .Net instruction page for PTVS beta2 with ironpython 2.7. I installed numpy/scipy through link

In ironpython interactive window, I got the following error for "import numpy":

IOError: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'IronPython, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f709c5b713576e1' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'IronPython, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f709c5b713576e1'

while my ironpython version is : IronPython 2.7 ( on .NET 4.0.30319.225.

any workaround for this version problem? thanks.

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:33 AM

As far as we know this is not a PTVS problem; Enthought knows about it and is triaging it.

May 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Any idea if Enthought is working on a fix, for that problem. Is there any workaround, way to make it work ?

May 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I have seen this issue before when the DLL version is newer than what we built with.  I'm not sure why it happens, but I believe is the release not beta 2, correct?  Either way we should have a new beta version built against the 2.7 release shortly, probably this week.

Jun 2, 2011 at 3:38 PM

We just pushed an beta-2 version of the NumPy and SciPy for .NET eggs.  You can find the updated eggs and release notes at  This version is now built against the release IronPython 2.7 binaries so it should solve the DLL version issue.  beta-2 also includes a number of additional SciPy packages includes NDImage, ODR (Orthogonal Distance Regression), and Special.