VS 2013 Ultimate + PTVS 2.0 Beta already installed
- Install 'integrated', it goes very quickly, not installing anything and the 'integrated' entry is added to ARP
- Start VS
- Uninstall 'integrated'. It goes slowly and actually removes PTVS and does NOT prompt to close VS before uninstall.
- VS is still open, so try to create a Django project, you'll get an error because the django targets file is no longer on disk.
- Look at ARP: PTVS is still listed there. 'integrated' is correctly no longer listed.
- Uninstall the original PTVS left over from ARP. This works (and takes a while).
Basically, the 'integrated' install behaved as if it increments the ref count on the 'ptvs' install, but it doesn't actually do it.