Contributing to PTVS
If you are a VS / Python enthusiast, the best way to help is installing the bits and using them! Our team is small (very small) and we can use all the help we can get. So please install it, run it, beat on it, make fun of it, point out our embarrassing
bugs, ... (we'd love to hear positive feedback too!). Please also tell your friends about PTVS - the more downloads & usage it gets, the more we can convince management to add resources which will in turn result in more features and more frequent releases...
June 2011 - We are very excited to announce that PTVS is now truly an open source project… we can now take back code! This may not sound like a big deal, but it actually took a lot of work & negotiation! The guidelines
are as follows:
- All code has to be reviewed by gatekeepers
- All code contributions must come with tests. (We will give you help and advice on integrating into our test infrastructure if you need it.)
- Bug fixes will generally have a short review prior to acceptance
- For new functionality, please contact us first so we can coordinate efforts (e.g. to avoid duplication of work, roadmap fit, etc.)
- Licensing: Since the PTVS is under the Apache 2.0 license, all contributions will be made under that license as well. Please don’t submit anything with any other licensing statements. If you want to make a contribution that includes code that you
received under a different license, please let us know and we can figure out what to do. Please be sure that you have the right to make your contribution, including clearance from your employer if applicable.
The instructions for downloading & building the source are included