Django project validates and runs, but solution build fails

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:39 PM
I created a new Django solution from existing files generated by pydanny's Django cookiecutter template

The structure is like this:
        (the usual,,,
This solution has no file. The settings are in a config project set in myproject/ via:
    os.environ.setdefault("DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE", "config")
    os.environ.setdefault("DJANGO_CONFIGURATION", "Local")
In the project properties I have:
Startup File: myproject\
Working Directory: myproject
Settings Module: config

When I hit F5 everything starts fine, I can hit breakpoints etc as expected. And validating it via returns a clean result.

But every time I build or rebuild the solution I just get
Done building project "PythonApplication1.pyproj" -- FAILED.
This feels similar to the following issues/discussion:

but those sound like they were all resolved by the PTVS 2.1 release, which I am running.

It looks like I am able to proceed with my work on the project, but am concerned over the Build FAILED result and the lack of any information as to why it failed and what I should do to correct it. Is there somewhere I can see more details about the build failure?

Is this something I should be concerned about, and if so are there some steps I can take to get the solution to build? Since it seems to be functioning except for the build, should I care?

Thanks! It is nice to work on this stuff in VS.
Mar 13, 2015 at 5:26 PM
Under Tools, Options, Projects and Solutions, Build and Run you can increase the details in the log ("MSBuild project build output verbosity"). If you do this and rebuild, you should get a more specific error.

Chances are it's something we need to fix, so posting the log here would be great.
Mar 13, 2015 at 6:35 PM
The build output is longer than can be posted in a message here so I created a work item and attached it as a file: