Missing Steps?

Feb 11, 2015 at 11:38 PM
Hi, I am wondering are there any steps missing from the build documentation regarding being able to debug PTVS in the experimental instance for VS 2013? Here's what I did:
  1. Checked out latest version of code, loaded project into VS 2013
  2. Loaded both the EnableSkipVerification* files into the registry
  3. Disabled a few of the projects that were listed as optional
  4. Built the solution in "Debug, Mixed Platforms", build succeeded for all projects
  5. Set PythonTools as startup project and make sure that debug settings are as shown
  6. Hit F5 to start debugging, then the experimental instance opens normally
  7. Verified that all the dlls were copied into my VisualStudio/12.0Exp folder
But... PTVS does not appear in the experimental instance... it's not in the tools menu or in the options, as if it's not being picked up.

I think I followed most of the steps... what am I doing wrong? Note that all of my projects in Properties->Signing have checked both "Sign the assembly" with the default FinalPublicKey.snk file specified, and also "Delay sign only" is checked. In otherwords, I did not change anything in the settings from the default values.

Thank you!
Feb 12, 2015 at 2:41 AM
No, that should be all the steps.

Do you see any errors in the activity log (%APPDATA%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0Exp\ActivityLog.xml)? Or possibly in the Output window in the actual VS - it should be pretty noisy when launching the experimental hive and most of the exceptions are okay, but it may specifically mention Python somewhere.
Feb 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM
Hi Zooba,
Thanks for the reponse -- after I read your response I tried it again, and somehow it now works! Not sure why... I guess you're reponse just made it work :-)