Kevy Config

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:31 AM

Does anyone have any directions or pointers for setting up Visual Studio 2013, Python Tools for Visual Studio, and Kivy for Android and iOS app development? I am currently using my VS and PTVS setup for Django work but I want to play around with and investigate Kivy to see if it will work for a project. I am open to using something else in place of Kivy but its got to work with VS (FYI I can't afford the cost of Xamarin right now).

Any ideas or help would be great!

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:44 AM
I have Kivy working with PTVS. When I initially tried out kivy (using IDLE), I ran into problems getting Kivy to work at all using any of their fancy installation methods or batch files. The only thing that worked for me was to copy the kivy folder into site-packages directly.

Once I did that, I could run the example projects in IDLE. I tried PTVS, making sure to point to the correct Python installation containing kivy, and everything worked without any hurdles.

I did run into issues using pylint with Kivy, but that's a completely different story. I ended up having to modify the kivy source to work around the problem.

Give it a shot, and let me know if you run into any problems!