sublime plugins debugging

Dec 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Is there way to debbuging Sublime Text pluggins in PTVS? I try to attach debbugin to Sublime.exe proccess but it dont get a result. Thanks!
Dec 5, 2014 at 12:59 PM
i found similar answers but they doesnt work
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Can you tell a little bit more about how you're attaching (is it using normal attach and Python only, or Python+Native, or using ptvsd and Python remote debugging transport). And what doesn't work - it doesn't attach, or you're not hitting your breakpoints, or is it something else?
Dec 8, 2014 at 6:24 AM
Yes, it attach but doesnt reach a breakpoints. I use "default" as transport and "Python code" as code type.
Dec 8, 2014 at 6:38 AM
I found the message from debbuger: "Failed to connect to process 1224: Failed to compile debugging script". But python script is valid...
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2014 at 6:51 AM
The "debugger script" here refers not to the script you're trying to debug, but to the debugger code itself (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Python Tools for Visual Studio\2.1\visualstudio_py_debugger.py, and its dependencies). I'm not sure what exactly the problem is - I don't think we've ever hit this before; but what the debugger is basically trying to do is load that file from disk, and compile it to a Python code object using the standard APIs; and somewhere along the line it is failing...

I'll try to repro this with Sublime and see what's going on there. In the meantime, I suggest that you try using ptvsd instead, as described in the documentation on remote debugging (you can "remotely debug" localhost just fine) - it's not as convenient, but in many cases, especially when customized Python hosts and interpreters are used, can be more reliable to attach to.
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2014 at 6:52 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Dec 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM
By remote debuging and ptvsd i had reach breackpoint. Thank you for help!