Numerous issues since upgrading Python Tools

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Hi there,

I upgraded my python tools to the latest version yesterday and am unable to publish correctly.

I'm suffering intermittent issues when trying to publish which seem to get resolved by attempting publish again (pressing the 'Start Preview' button). I'll add them to this thread when I see any again.

Once published, I just get a server error, nothing to debug which is making this extra awkward. The previous version worked perfect every time.

"The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred."

I'm publishing to Azure Websites and have even created a new website to deploy to, with no luck. I've also created a requires.txt document and recreated my local virtual environment which works great.
Oct 21, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Unfortunately this has gone from bad to worse. I've uninstalled 2.1 and reinstalled 2.0, this has somehow stopped the hybrid ctp 2.0 tools from working which I am now having to repair install as it no longer recognises the project types.

If I can get it working again I will create a new django project from scratch and copy my code over to the new project, assuming it deploys and runs to begin with.
Oct 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM
The repair install fixed the issue with the Hybrid universal app CTP 2 installation. The Python Tools v 2.1 seem to still be working too so I will try a new django project and see if it publishes successfully.