Send to Debug Interactive??

Sep 4 at 3:04 PM
I don't see any way to send to debug interactive, which seems to be what I want when stopped in the debugger from a code file.

I thought $attach in the regular interactive would get me there, but that just locks up if I try to do anything, like print 1.

Manual cut and paste into debug interactive seems to work, so I'm somewhat inclined to figure out an autohotkey script, although I hope there is a better way that I'm missing. Any ideas?
Coordinator
Sep 4 at 3:50 PM
Sorry, I'm afraid there's no better way currently. I'll add a feature suggestion.

$attach in regular interactive is actually more complex than it seems. It's really meant for debugging scripts that you want to start executing from interactive. For example, you can set a breakpoint in a function that you're working on, call into it from the interactive, and debug it with whatever parameters you were using. It isn't really a good feature for extended debugging sessions - it's quite an old feature, well before we understood how people would actually want to use it :)
Coordinator
Sep 4 at 3:51 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.