2.1 continues to crash VS2013

Aug 15 at 2:57 PM
Edited Aug 15 at 2:58 PM
2.1 alpha, beta, now RC continue to crash the hell out of my VS2013 instance (test explorer, project loading, other extensions) to the point of being unusable. Rolling back to 2.0 causes everything to run smoothly.

I'm not sure what to do to get you guys the stuff you need to fix it. The fact that you've moved forward from alpha -> beta -> RC w/o a fix tells me you must not be experiencing it.

Let me know the most useful stuff I can obtain and I'll do so.
Coordinator
Aug 15 at 3:15 PM
With 2.1 RC installed, you can send us the output from Tools - Python Tools - Diagnostic Info. If you don't want to reinstall 2.1 RC, you can export your Application log from Event Viewer. There's also the activity log from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\ActivityLog.xml. You can email files to ptvshelp@microsoft.com (include a link to this discussion so we know where it's come from).
Aug 15 at 3:16 PM
Zooba wrote:
With 2.1 RC installed, you can send us the output from Tools - Python Tools - Diagnostic Info. If you don't want to reinstall 2.1 RC, you can export your Application log from Event Viewer. There's also the activity log from C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\ActivityLog.xml. You can email files to ptvshelp@microsoft.com (include a link to this discussion so we know where it's come from).
I'll reinstall again today and grab all that for you. Will link it to this issue via OneDrive storage. should be here in a couple of hours. Thanks for the reply.
Coordinator
Aug 15 at 3:17 PM
Thanks. Sorry we haven't been very responsive - as you said, it's incredibly difficult to find and fix issues when we can't reproduce them.
Aug 15 at 5:35 PM
Edited Aug 15 at 5:36 PM
I was in the middle of refreshing my VS2013.3 installation to add on the Windows Phone stuff when I wrote this discussion (based on a previous installation attempt of 2.1RC a couple of days after release).

Incidentally, after doing the VS "modify" of the installation to add on these other components, then installing 2.1RC, everything is working as it was. No errors or crashes at all.
Not sure if installing 2.1, uninstalling and installing 2.0, then installing 2.1 again is what fixed it, or if the VS Modify refreshed some files that needed refreshing so a subsequent 2.1 installation could behave more appropriately.

At any rate, if I get any errors again i'll refresh this discussion w/ the aforementioned diagnostic output.

Thanks
Marked as answer by bc3tech on 8/15/2014 at 10:40 AM