visual studios auto-fill not working

Aug 15 at 10:01 AM
Hello,
i am testing out visual studios with python and I am having trouble with auto-fill. TEXT As you can see, when I start typing the name of a function in python VS doesn't auto fill the options. Only when I finish typing the function does VS explain what the function does. However in c# VS both auto fills all of the possibility it also explains all of the possible inputs for the function. Is there a way that I can make VS auto fill in python? If not is there another interpreter that I can use that has that ability?
Coordinator
Aug 15 at 1:05 PM
You can press Ctrl+Space at any time to complete the current word, or Ctrl+J to show the list of options.

There is an extension on the VS Gallery (written by someone else) that makes this trigger automatically on every character. I don't recall the name, but if you search for Python in Visual Studio - Tools - Extensions and Updates you should be able to find it.
Marked as answer by muhandes on 8/15/2014 at 9:04 AM
Aug 15 at 4:04 PM
Thanks. The Ctrl+j is exactly what I was looking for. I am searching for the extension that you mentioned. If you remember what it is called please respond.