Raspberry Remote interpreter

Aug 14 at 8:36 PM
Dear,
I'm new with Python and Raspberry Pi.
I work on Windows 7 and I have a Embedded Linux device.
I followed your procedure to install VS2013 + Install PTVS .
The step to install interpreter, I'm not sure what to do.
I want to create a project for the RPi (and use the Remote interpreter + Library).
Is it a procedure to follow or a documentation where I can found the basic info to start a project for a Remote platformlike the Pi?
Must I install the interpreter on Windows and which one to be compatible with the Pi : [https://www.python.org/download/]
Thank for your advices.
Coordinator
Aug 14 at 8:40 PM
Aug 14 at 8:47 PM
Whow!!!
I searched but never find this info.
Thank for the quick reply.
I have enough to read now !
Aug 16 at 7:54 AM
Everything work fine.
Just one question : If I need to stop debugging just to test my program : I press SHIFT + F5.
Start debugging again with 'F5' and a pop-up windows come on the screen (with a message like "NO RPI.GPIO module).
Actually, the attach debugger process has been lost.
I need to enter the line again "rpi123@192.168.1.24" in the box "qualifier" and reattach again.
Is it normal or do I something wrong?
Coordinator
Aug 16 at 8:13 AM
F5 means "Start with debugging" - as in, it'll launch your script locally and attach to it. So it's not actually running on Pi.

If you need to reconnect to the device, you do indeed need to go through Debug -> Attach to Process every time (and it doesn't store the last used qualifier, so it has to be re-entered). This is an unfortunate UX deficiency that we've been looking to remedy for some time now. It's not planned for 2.1, however.

There's also a third party extension for something very similar on Visual Studio. Unfortunately, it doesn't support custom transports, so it doesn't work with PTVS remote attach. But it never hurts to ask the author to add that support ;)