PyPy crashes

Aug 13 at 6:42 PM
Trying to use the latest PyPy with VS2013 and it crashes VS. I guess it's related to the completion db, since I was able to use it after I removed the path to the library, and manually cleared the cache. I lost interest when I realized PyPy doesn't run any faster for some reason in debug mode than CPython. PyPy works as expected outside of VS or "Start without debugging". Using Win7x64.
Coordinator
Aug 13 at 7:05 PM
Yes, when we generate the database for PyPy there's an issue where we can't find object. That's basically fatal for our IntelliSense engine, so it fails very quickly. We'll be looking into this, but not for the current release - it's likely going to require too many changes at this late stage.

PyPy probably has to suppress its JIT compiler when debugging, since it won't be able to send tracing information otherwise. In general, and in every programming language, you should expect some performance penalty while debugging - it's meant for checking correctness and running without debugging is available for when you need that performance.