PVTS crashes with pypy 2.3+

May 21 at 10:18 PM
Cannot find builtin type 'object'

The above error message is found when using pypy 2.3 or greater (nightlies) with pvts 2.0, 2.1 beta and latest dev build in VS 2013.

Not sure if this is an isolated incident, which is why I am posting this in discussions.
Coordinator
May 22 at 5:09 PM
Thanks for the notice. We really need to keep better track of PyPy (and Jython)...

Are you able to send us the analysis logs collected (ptvshelp@microsoft.com)? They'll appear in Tools\Python Tools\Diagnostic Info. No doubt we'll be able to reproduce the problem internally, but if we can't then this log is about the best info we'll get.
May 22 at 9:06 PM
Sent!

Good luck with those logs... I hope they aren't required!

I have to keep python 2.7 as the main interpreter on exit otherwise I can't enter my project!
I need a plot, plotting using bokeh requires pypy 2.3+

Pypy is 20x faster currently for what I am doing now. Cython and numpy in CPython probably will give similar or, more likely, faster speeds but pypy makes it so much easier :D

Will download the latest Jython and see if anything strange (or wonderful) occurs.

Thanks
Coordinator
May 22 at 11:20 PM
It doesn't look like there's anything that stands out as a problem in the logs, so I'll have to dig deeper when I get a chance.

Thanks for letting us know.

(If Jython works well it will be both strange and wonderful :) )
May 23 at 11:47 AM
Jython works!