revision control in PTVS Integrated version

Mar 6 at 2:41 AM
I've installed from PTVSIntegrated.exe, and installed VisualSVN and TortoiseSVN on my system. But source control seems not be recognized; i.e., the VisualSVN menu doesn't appear and on the VS Start Page the 'Open from source control ...' is greyed out.

Is source control not supported in PTVSIntegrated ?
Coordinator
Mar 6 at 2:55 AM
PTVS Integrated is basically Visual Studio Integrated Shell + PTVS, so it all depends on whether TortoiseSVN supports Integrated Shell. They have to explicitly declare support for it in their manifest. It is quite possible that they don't do that, not because it won't work, but simply because it's not obvious that such a VS edition exists, and no-one has asked them before. The Shell itself does contain the core source control packages, so if they depend on those it should still be okay.

I would suggest contacting the VisualSVN guys and asking whether this is the scenario that they support, or might be willing to support.
Mar 7 at 10:59 PM
Many thanks for your reply. As it turns out, I apparently hadn't let VisualSVN fully install, and once that was corrected it does appear to be working. Sorry to waste your time ....

On 3/5/2014 10:55 PM, pminaev wrote:

PTVS Integrated is basically Visual Studio Integrated Shell + PTVS, so it all depends on whether TortoiseSVN supports Integrated Shell. They have to explicitly declare support for it in their manifest. It is quite possible that they don't do that, not because it won't work, but simply because it's not obvious that such a VS edition exists, and no-one has asked them before. The Shell itself does contain the core source control packages, so if they depend on those should still be okay.

I would suggest contacting the VisualSVN guys and asking whether this is the scenario that they support, or might be willing to support.