Jan 2, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Edited Jan 2, 2014 at 11:43 AM
Is it possible to run a PTVS interactive IPython window under PyPy?
I can run a free-standing IPython console under PyPy,
but I can't run a PTVS interactive IPython window under PyPy.
Here is what I have tried:
- Download pypy-2.2.1-win32.zip from
- Unzip pypy-2.2.1-win32.zip to C:\pypy-2.2.1-win32
- Install IPyhton using the commands
- Start IPython using the command
Now I had an IPython console running under PyPy,
Everything seemed to work as it should.
Next I did the following:
- Start MSVS 2010 with PTVS 2.0
- Create a Python Environment for PyPy (Path = "C:\pypy-2.2.1-win32\pypy.exe", Library Path = "C:\pypy-2.2.1-win32\lib-python\2.7")
- Select "IPython w/o PyLab" as the interactive mode for the PyPy environment.
- Launch the interactive window for PyPy.
Then the interactive window crashed after the first command.
Here is a transcript:
Python interactive window. Type $help for a list of commands.
>>> a = 0
The Python REPL process has exited
Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.