Interactive mode

Jan 1 at 2:18 PM
Hi,

I have to issues with the Interactive console:
  1. From some reason, the auto completion does not work in debug.
  2. No support for history when a part of the line is entered (e.g. I entered "x" and using the up and down keys i'll get all the lines starting with "x"). this is actually relevant not only for the debug console. I find it very annoying.. when there is no history log, this is a must (and even with history log..)
Coordinator
Jan 1 at 7:56 PM
Edited Jan 1 at 7:57 PM
For 1, are you not getting completion popups at all?

It should be noted that completion in the REPL works differently from the editor - while the editor is powered by our code analysis engine that infers types, REPL inspects live objects directly to compile completion lists. So you will see different results, but REPL should be more accurate.

2 sounds like an interesting feature. Can you clarify whether this is something that is implemented elsewhere already?
Coordinator
Jan 1 at 8:14 PM
for #2 - we've discussed this before & is somewhere on the list. he wants IPython style history which is totally legit. post 2.1 hopefully we'll get some cycles to improve things in this area.
Jan 1 at 8:22 PM
Edited Jan 1 at 8:23 PM
guys,

I really appreciate all the work done in 2.0, and it is quit fun to work with it, until... the debugger issue I opened is a a non compremisable issue. please take a look and see whether it is something you guys are familiar with. with crushing debugging sessions, all the good work invested is throwen away..