debugin OpenERP with Python Tools

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Hi,
Is it possible to use Python tools to develop and debug open erp modules?
I try to debug openERP but I got errors on openerp.osv import class, it can't find link to this class.
Is there any settings which I have to set?

Best regards
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2013 at 7:37 PM
What kind of error do you get?
Nov 11, 2013 at 6:28 AM
on init.py file
from openerp.modules import get_module_resource, get_module_path
This error message shows:
No module named openerp.modules

I need some hints on how can I setup openerp as a project on visual studio. I want to attach it to openerp_server.exe but I don't know how
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM
To attach, try using Debug -> Attach to Process and selecting the .exe to attach to - if it's running Python code, it should attach in Python mode.

If that doesn't work for you - it might not, depending on how customized the embedded interpreter is - also try this.

As far as development goes, you need to ensure that the Python interpreter is correctly set up with path to python.exe as well as path to the standard library, as described here. I am not familiar with OpenERP, but it may be using its own .exe instead of the standard python.exe - if so, you can specify that for the interpreter, so long as it takes the same command line parameters. Also, if the openerp package that you're trying to import is not part of the standard library (i.e. it's not under Lib or Lib\site-packages), then you may have to add the directory in which it is located to the search paths of your project.