Debugging gives error message, start without debugging works...

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Hei there, when I try to run my code in debug mode (F5) i get this error message:
The Python REPL process has exited
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Python Tools for Visual Studio\2.0\visualstudio_py_repl.py", line 1313, in <module>
    _run_repl()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Python Tools for Visual Studio\2.0\visualstudio_py_repl.py", line 1298, in _run_repl
    BACKEND.connect(int(options.port))
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Python Tools for Visual Studio\2.0\visualstudio_py_repl.py", line 543, in connect
    ReplBackend.connect(self, port)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Python Tools for Visual Studio\2.0\visualstudio_py_repl.py", line 173, in connect
    self.conn.connect(('127.0.0.1', port))
  File "C:\Python27\lib\socket.py", line 224, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
socket.error: [Errno 10013] Der Zugriff auf einen Socket war aufgrund der Zugriffsrechte des Sockets unzulässig
sorry, for the german in here, but it basically means that he has no rights to do something with a socket because of the accessing rights of the socket.

What do i need to do?

Best wishes
Clemens
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM
The debugger uses a localhost socket to communicate to VS. So if there's a firewall or something similar blocking that, it will fail as described.

Did you, by chance, accidentally closed a dialog that Windows pops up when an app first tries to access the network? I think that closing it or pressing Escape there is equivalent to denying permission...
Sep 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Thank you for your fast response. Indeed somehow my firewall blocked python for specific networks....

So everything ist working right now! Thank you again.