Can't install PTVS 2.0 Beta on VS2010

Sep 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I had PTVS 1.5 installed and working on VS2010 (windows 7 64 bit). I uninstalled it using control panel - Programs and features. I checked the Extension manager in VS and PTVS was gone. I then ran PTVS 2.0 Beta VS 2010.msi. It appeared to install normally, but I have no sign of PTVS in VS extension manager and there is no option for a python project of any kind under Create New Project. I restarted VS, restarted the machine, and repeated the installation to no effect.

What am I doing wrong?

Sep 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Update: It seems to be fixed. I noticed that PTVS in control panel - progs and features - was at version 1.15. So I uninstalled it, then ran PTVS 2.0 Beta VS 2010.msi again. I can now open my python projects. progs and features shows version
Sep 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Good to hear!

Out of interest, do you remember whether you installed 1.5 for all users (the default) or just for you? We know there are problems updating from the just-for-me case, which is partially why we've disabled that option.
Sep 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I can't remember but probably just-for-me.
Sep 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Okay. Like I said, we're not supporting that sort of install anymore, and we can't fix the upgrade (half the problem; the other half will be fixed for RC installs - not uninstalling beta), but thanks for confirming the issues and resolution.