Using RDFLib in Python Tools (VS 2010)

Apr 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM
I use python tools 2.0. for Visual Studio 2010.
I created a new python application, and wrote "import rdflib" in a new ***.py file.
When I try to run the code (a file with just that only line), I get an error: "exceptions.ValueError occurred
But when I open Python Interactive (Tools->Python Tools->Python 2.7 Interactive), and type "import rdflib", it is performed without errors.
Why this is so and how can I fix it?
Coordinator
Apr 4, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Most likely the exception is being handled inside the module, but for some reason we aren't detecting that correctly.

To avoid the message, you can go to Debug->Exceptions, expand the "Python Exceptions" list and deselect "User-unhandled" for ValueError. If you don't see the "User-unhandled" column (it should be the second column of checkboxes), go to Debug->Options and Setting and Enable Just My Code (you can disable this after changing the setting if you like).

Note that this will prevent the debugger from breaking on any ValueError. I'll take a look at RDFLib and see if I can figure out a way to improve this situation, but there may not be anything we can do here (and certainly nothing we can do before our next release).