Exception "No module tornado found" when running a script that uses Pika

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM
I am using the Pika python library to communicate with an AMQP server. I tried running my python script inside VS 2012 using Python Tools but it keeps saying "No module tornado found" when I "import pika". I do not use tornado, so I am assuming its something within pika itself. How do I fix this error? My script runs perfectly using the normal python interpreter.
Coordinator
Jan 30, 2013 at 11:03 PM
I suspect you're hitting the same issue discussed here: http://pytools.codeplex.com/discussions/431436#post994249

Likely it's an import and handling the exception, but PTVS is breaking on the exception. You should be able to hit F5 and continue or tweak the settings for what is broken on in Debug->Exceptions...
Jan 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Okay, I've clicked continue, but now I am running into a lot of "issubclass() arg 1 must be a class" errors.
Coordinator
Jan 31, 2013 at 12:06 AM
We were able to get the exceptions to show up in some modes, but we couldn't quite get the same result. There's several knobs which affect this including:
Tools->Options->Python Tools->Advanced->Enable Debugging of the Python standard library
   By default this option is turned off, if it's on it would cause us to break on exceptions in the library if it was enabled
Tools->Options->Debugging->Enable just my Code
   This alters how we handle exceptions and when we report them to you.  I'd suggest turning this option on if you don't already have it turned on
Finally there's the exceptions dialog in Debug->Exceptions, but I think these are the most likely culprits. If flipping those doesn't work could you paste in a repro of what it takes to get up to the issubclass exception?