"Brace matching (rectangle)" custom color not working in VS 2012?

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I recently moved on to Visual Studio 2012 from the 2010 version and imported my custom color settings. Not everything imported correctly, and I am now trying to figure out how to assign a custom color to matching braces. More specifically, it is the rectangle that serves as the background for the matching braces that I'm trying to get to be a custom color. Only the default color works and I'm not sure if it is a problem with Visual Studio 2012 or the Python Tools implementation for 2012.

I'd also like to make sure that I'm looking in the right place: Tools -> Options -> Environment -> Fonts and Colors -> Brace Matching (Rectangle)

"Automatic Delimiter Highlighting" is checked off in Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> General

Apr 8, 2013 at 6:10 AM
I also seem unable to change the brace highlighting colors. Using Visual Studio 2012, PTVS 2.0 Alpha, and the "Dark" theme, it is very difficult to detect the matching brace (unless you really look closely it appears like brace matching isn't working at all).
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2013 at 4:56 PM
We have issue 837 open for this already.

In short, we're not using the usual setting (for whatever reason, I can't tell you for certain) and we should. This is a pretty low priority right now, so voting on the issue will help.