The rough roadmap so far has been:
- Core Edit/intellisense/debug/profile/project features
- IPython REPL integration, HPC & cluster debug support
- Azure support, mac/win/linux client libraries, IPython notebook
Next set of features are primarily driven by the community's asks. These includes such items as:
- Unit Test support
- Python + C/C++ debugging
- Virtualenv support
- Win8 & Win8 AppStore support
- ARM support
- Linux remote debug support
- Various project system related improvements
We are excited to work on these features (and would be happy to take contributions as well!)... so please take the time to vote on your favorite features.
The 2.0 branch has been spawned & we're hoping to target ~ PyCon for a Beta release.