Thanks everyone for your support & input for 1.5 Alpha. I'm very happy to let you know that the profile of Python is rising rapidly at Microsoft: it is now a fully supported
language on Windows Azure!
Windows Azure is a cloud platform that enables several scenarios from PaaS to IaaS to hybrids that cross those boundaries.
Specifically we have the following the following live as of today:
1. Support for Django in PTVS (general standalone use)
2. Support for Django & deploy to Azure's "Cloud Services" (webroles), including a new pure Python FastCGI.
3. Support for Python on Linux and Windows persistent VM's (windows, linux)
4. Python Client Libraries (wrappers) for major Azure services such as blob storage (mac, windows, linux)
5. IPython running on your mac/windows/linux box on any browser, with the Engine running on Azure VM's (linux/windows)
Please check out our page on Azure: https://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/overview/
If you write an app (toy or otherwise) that uses Azure, we'd love to hear from you!
For the rest of this release, we'll be primarily heads down fixing bugs that you've reported.