gdal

Mar 14, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Edited Mar 14, 2012 at 11:26 PM

How can I import gdal/osgeo to visual studio? I 've insatlled visual studio 2010 and PTVS .

Tip: osgeo is free package that can proccess with gis data .

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Yes, you can install it into Python as you'd normally do (MSI, easy_install, etc...) and then you can use it from Visual Studio.  You will probably need to re-generate the intellisense database to get completions on the modules.  You can do that via Tools->Options->Python Tools->Interpreters.  Just choose 'Show settings for' the version of Python it's installed into and click Generate Completion Database.

Mar 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Thanks for reply. but I mean import gdal so that link to the project was written in visual basic or iron python because I wanna have a GUI (Graphical User Interface) . if gdal import as python application I can not any use from graphical facilities visual studio .

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I haven't worked with this library so I'm not sure what it's UI support is like.  From their web page I see they support a number of graphic file formats (TIFF, JPEG, etc...) Presumably you could use the library to produce those images and then display them in a WPF or WinForms app if you're using VB and/or IronPython.  I'd approach that by writing the file out to disk and then you can just search for how to display a JPEG or other file.

If they have a more involved UI stack then I'm not quite sure how you'd go about integrating the two together - it'd depend entirely upon what that UI stack was built on (for example Win32, OpenGL, DirectX, WPF, etc...)