New feature

Aug 9, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Would pytools been improved the new feature just like decoda which is a Lua debugger(http://www.unknownworlds.com/decoda) for next released?Thanks!

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2011 at 3:20 AM

hi flyingfether,

not sure i understand your question - is there a particular feature in Decoda that you'd like to see in PTVS?  if so, please file a feature request & encourage others to vote for it...  or maybe you mean something else entirely?

thx.

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:22 AM

hello!I mean pytools could debug just like decoda debugging lua. The detail is that there are two debug mode with decoda. Starting c++ program in decoda or attach to the process. The c++ program integrates Lua Interpreter, When it runs, the script would be load, and the debugger would hook them.  You could break the c++ program and step to step debug in the script just like debugging c++ code! Pytools couldn't debug c++ program like decoda.

P.s. the program isn't created from pytools.

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2011 at 4:11 AM

So the feature you want is to launch a C++ program and have the debugger auto-attached at startup?  When you say the debugger would hook them does that require the C++ program to change to include the hooks?  Or does decoda just automatically do the hooking?

This feature could also go hand-in-hand w/ mixed mode debugging where we'd allow F5 to launch w/ both C++ and Python debugging. 

Strangely VS doesn't already have a launch EXE under debugger dialog so we'd have to add some new command for that part of it.

Anyway, open a feature in the issue tracker, I don't think we have anything like this open already.