Command Line Arguments failure to start

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:19 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Strange problem here. In the Project Properties Debug tab, if I put anything in the "Command Line Arguments" textbox except known options, e.g. -X:anything, then the debugger simply will not start. I hit the dark green "Start Debugging (F5)" button in the toolbar or just hit F5 and the cursor goes to the spinning blue circle for about 5 seconds, then just stops. Debugger does not start, and it's like I never touched the start button. Nothing in the Event Viewer. (Is there a logfile somewhere?)

Specifying the Interpreter Path does not help. (C:\IronPython 2.7\ipy.exe)

The "Start Without Debugging (Ctrl+F5)" button works, and the app starts up and apparently sees the command line args I typed in.

But I really need to be able to debug with the "Command Line Arguments" I type in.

I've noticed some entries about other debugger issues e.g. breakpoints not getting hit etc, and I'm hoping this is part of the same problem (?) and may already be fixed in the RC1?

(System Info - Win 7 64bit, .Net 4.0, VS 2010 Premium, Python Tools Beta 2 of Apr. 11 default install, IronPython 2.7.1 Beta 1 released on June 18,  i3, 3GHzQuadCore, 6GB ram, 1TBHD)

Please advise.

Thanks,

Dave

Editor
Jul 11, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Hi, thanks for reporting this. The problem is most likely fixed because we have refactored what options we give you for command line arguments.  You will now be able to separately specify command line options that are passed to your interpreter and command line options which are passed to your script (both while debugging and while running with no debugger).

We've fixed a bunch of problems with breakpoints as well.

We're hoping to have RC1 available next week, so you don't have long to wait for these fixes. Thanks for being patient!

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Sounds good.

Thanks much!

Editor
Jul 12, 2011 at 1:03 AM

We released 15 minutes ago! be an early adopter!

Jul 12, 2011 at 2:28 AM
On 7/11/2011 7:03 PM, joxn wrote:

We released 15 minutes ago! be an early adopter!

Excellent news! I'm on it! Thanks