Using IronPython 2.6.1 installed with Sho as interactive interpreter

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I have the microsoft research project 'Sho' installed with VS2010 and Python tools for VS.  I have IronPython 2.7 installed but I did not install the IronPython tools for VS as suggested by other threads.  Sho installs 2.6.1 IronPython consoles under it's own install dir/bin folder.  Under tools->Options->Python Tools->Interpreter Options I added Sho as an interpreter and set the Path and Windows path to point to the \bin\ShoConsole32.exe, plus added SHODIR as the Path Environment Variable.  With this set as my default interpreter, I just wanted to be able to press SHIFT-ALT-F5 to debug the script in the Python interactive (being Sho).  When I do this, it opens the Sho console and the interactive window but I get a messagebox stating: "A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied".

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I saw the Sho video on how to debug a script by attaching to the show console and importing the script there, but was just looking for an easier way so I don't have to do this for every script I load.

Editor
Jul 5, 2011 at 10:30 PM
  1. PTVS only supports IronPython 2.7 and up; 2.6.* is not supported.
  2. We're working closely with the Sho team and hope to be able to announce something for you very soon on that front.